If you speak French, there's a French language quilting retreat in September from Quilting in Vermont, at the Strong House Inn, Vergennes, VT.
The remaining retreats are all in November, but it appears there's a tendency for them to fill very much ahead of time, so it's not too early to think about them.
- Quilting in Vermont also has some no-teacher retreats (the first starting Oct 31) and advanced landscape quilting.
- There is a Quilters' Workshop, at the Colonial House, Weston, VT, on the pattern Attic Window.
- There are two Quilting Retreats at Calumet, in Ossipee, NH, each to learn a particular pattern.
- Pearl Hill Quilts retreats at the Silver Fox Inn, Waterville Valley, NH (in White Mountain National Forest, about 90 minutes from Hanover) has a weekday retreat.
- And finally, Mount Washington B&B Quilting Retreats, in Shelburne, NH, has three retreats (the first starting Oct 31), which are Mystery Quilt, Learn to Quilt, and UFO Finishing.
For future reference, quilting events all across New England are listed at the Rising Star Quilters Guild events page. QuiltersResources.net is a website for quilt shows and events internationally; their New Hampshire page is quite a bit more complete than their Vermont page, but both may be worth a look.